Speak your deepest truth, even if it means losing everything—your pride, your status, your image, even your way of life.
—We Don't Dave To Take Our Clothes Off
Sometimes the most dangerous place to be is inside your own head.
Procrastination is linked to poor work habits, feeling overwhelmed, aiming for perfection,and wanting to do something else instead. You can overcome procrastination by acknowledging that you are, making a start on something small, focusing on ‘getting started’ instead of thinking of how to finish, breaking large tasks down, and not berating yourself.
When love and friends betray us, we go back to old habits like sleeping early and leaving our phones for a long time, we become like strangers, we don’t care about anyone.
- Don’t force anything, love should never have to ‘beg’ for it’s presence
- Never beg for a friendship either. If they miss you, they’ll call. If they care, they’ll show it. And if not, they aren’t worth your time. This applies to relationships too.
- Being accountable to someone shouldn’t feel like a burden; it should feel like a privilege.
- Stop taking things to seriously. I do this a lot and it’s emotionally and mentally draining.
- One bad grade won’t ruin your life. Get over yourself.
- It’s okay to cry, but it’s not okay to cry until you feel like you’re going to puke.
- Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be.
- All-nighters will not help you learn the material. Budget time throughout the day to study so that you can actually sleep before the final exam.
- Being a 4.0 student requires you to love the material you’re learning, don’t study ‘pig latin’ just to say you learned a dead language in University
- If you’re to scared to tell Dania what you’re doing, than you probably shouldn’t do it.
- Stop apologizing for all your soft. One of my professors told me this not to long ago when I apologized for getting teary eyed whenever I spoke about things I truly care about. It means your human.
- What you think of yourself is most important and above all don’t care what your friends or what your future in-laws will think of you.
- Never walk on eggshells to impress your in-laws. Never walk on egg shells to impress anyone.
- Accept you will never receive an apology from people who think they are above you or, ‘better’ than you. Accept this, make peace with this and move on.
- You can’t eat beauty. It doesn’t feed you. So eat. This should probably be number 1.
- Appreciate the body, mind and soul you were given. Love yourself regardless of what chemicals are being released in your brain, making you sad, angry or happy.
- Above all, LOVE YOURSELF. More than anyone love yourself because your mom spent 10 months holding you, singing to you, loving you. She didn’t create you so you could self loath